A WAY FOR OUR FAMILY TO GIVE SOMETHING BACK IN HONOR OF OUR SON THAT DIED FROM SIDS. I HOPE THIS BEAR CAN REPRESENT SOMETHING SPECIAL TO OTHER FAMILIES THAT ARE UNFORTUNATE TO EXPERIENCE THE LOSS OF A CHILD/BABY.

We reached and exceeded our goal and donated close to 200 Bears on April 7, 2012. Thank you so much for donations.

We have decided to continue with our Beckett Bear Foundation and our next delivery date is August 9, 2012. The day that our son died. We are planning on collecting until then. Our goal is 100 Bears - to be delivered to Avista Hospital in Louisville, CO.

Website

This is the BEST quality and perfect SIZE bear if you would rather order the bears and have them shipped to our P.O. Box address listed on the blog:

http://www.msteddybear.us/teddybear16to19.html

Thanks SO much!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

March 2012 Tagging Party

We got the bears tagged!!   Huge pressure off my back!!  Thanks so much to the Young Women in multiple wards around my area.  It was fast...clean...and quick!  It would have taken me hours upon hours to finish this alone!  I have to say that it was intimidating getting up in front of a bunch of teenage girls to tell my story of Beckett.  I was nervous...my mom psyched me out from the beginning...she kept telling me to relax and don't cry, which in return made me start crying before I even had to speak...then I forgot to bring my typed out story in case I did really lose it...so I then forgot most of what to say BUT interesting enough I had a hard time telling these INNOCENT girls that babies die...I actually couldn't get the words out.  I guess I didn't want to burst their bubble that these BAD things DO happen to people, it just isn't in the movies.  

But my speech was over quick enough and we were onto getting everything tagged, boxed and ready to take to the hospital.  I still cannot believe that my baby would have been 2 years old.  I am so glad that I have this project to focus on...because it has been pretty difficult at times realizing that more time has just slipped away since I was with him.
Thank you Young Women of the Boulder Stake!!
I had hoped that my own kids would help but...I think they were playing tag in the gym with other kids that were where that night.


    

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea! Beckett is precious. So sorry for your loss, but so thankful to see you fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your comment on a blog about Baby Gabriel and it brought me here. What a wonderful thing you are doing in memory of your precious baby boy. I will be sending good thoughts and prayers to your family. I will always remember your sweet baby's face and the wonderful Beckett bears. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete